Von: "reinifrosch@xxxxxxxxxx" <reinifrosch@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 9. April 2009, 12:00:07 Uhr
Betreff: [AUDITORY] AW: Daniel & Weber Roughness Implementation

Julian,

I tried to use the roughnesses according to Daniel
and Weber to "improve" the Helmholtz consonance
theory. Result: There were no consonance peaks
(or roughness valleys) such as those in Fig. 60
of Helmholtz's book "On the Sensations of Tone".
Helmholtz assumed that maximal roughness
occurs at comparatively low beat rate.
My own roughness measurements (not yet
published) agreed fairly well with Helmholtz.

Reinhart.