Re: (off-topic) self-plagiarism

Dear Colleagues - On the continuing subject of ethics, I'm deeply touched by Dr. Divenyi's concern, bearing in mind that he does not know me. I'm also touched by his desire to introduce others to his unique interpretation of modern professional salutations. Of course, I will accept his graceful apology.

Now, can we all get back to the matter at hand?  Regarding ethical behavior, I have some published Letters to Editors. I thank Dr. Divenyi for making me remember these letters. Please see the bibliography below. Most are available free on the 'Net, should anyone be interested. - Lance Nizami PhD

“Cheating the sciences” University of Toronto Magazine 36(3) p4 (2009)

“A new bristle in the toothbrush problem” APS Observer 22(2) p5 (2009)

“Getting more bang for the buck” Forum, IEEE Spectrum 46(1)  p10 (2009)

“Physics: a calling or assembly line” Physics Today 61(11) p10-11 (2008)

“What’s wrong with this profession?” Forum, IEEE Spectrum 45(5) p10 (2008)

“Fining one’s place in physics” Physics Today 61(8) p8 (2008)

“Is fraud really gone?” APS Observer 20(11) p5 (2007)

“Roadblocks deter today’s Einsteins”, Physics Today 60(12) p12 (2007)

“Scientists at the Gate” New York Times, May 9, 2006 (available online at www.nytimes.com)

“Publish−or−Perish Perspectives: Dividing Coauthors, Valuing Referees, Taming Expectations” Physics Today 57(11) p11-12 (2004)

“The paucity of grants among young scientists” Science 298 p2329 (2002)