From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laszlo Toth
Sent: 07 July 2009 17:25
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: (off-topic) self-plagiarism

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Pierre Divenyi wrote:

> I respectfully disagree with Peter. When a journal sends a paper for
review,
> it is often explicitly but always implicitly implied that the paper and
its
> content are confidential.

As I said, I have found the paper in many already-published versions,
which are clearly public. So its just an additional thing that I have an
n+1th version which is confidental. I might have found the self-plagiarism
also accidentaly, just by browsing the web. I think it's not against any
law if I say: type the following sentence in google and compare the
abstracts of the
papers that come up.

"The proposed fast time delay neural networks"

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *