Re: frequency to mel formula

Hi Jim,

If you search on Google Books, you'll see that Equation 4.2 (p.150) is
the one Dan cited.

Hopefully this link works for you.  If not, I searched for the text
"2595" in O'Shaughness's book:
http://books.google.com/books?ei=rhFfSpa-BJOCNsTT4IUG&id=mHFQAAAAMAAJ&dq=Speech+Communications:+Human+and+Machine&q=2595#search_anchor

Here's the book info that Google has on file:
Title	Speech communication: human and machine
Author	Douglas O'Shaughnessy
Edition	reprint, illustrated
Publisher	Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 1987
Item notes	p. 95
Original from	the University of Michigan
Digitized	Nov 15, 2007
ISBN		0201165201, 9780201165203
Length	568 pages

- Jon