The following is a translation of recent job advertisement at the University of Graz, Austria. The advertisement appeared on 5 August 2009 in the 45th Newsletter (Mitteilungsblatt) for academic year 2009/2010. The original German text is at https://online.uni-graz.at/kfu_online/w ... 01&pQuery= under point 395.1.
The Centre for Systematic Musicology in the Faculty of Humanities seeks a University Assistant without doctorate for 20 hours per week for 4 years, beginning 1.10.2009 or soon thereafter.
- independent research as a doctoral student in a research area of the centre (see centre homepage, http://www.uni-graz.at/zsmw/en/)
- independent teaching in German or English of one course per year (90 minutes contact time per week for 15 weeks) in Graz's BA in Musikologie; contribution to other teaching as necessary
- administrative support
- masters degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (musicology, music, psychology, sociology, information sciences, philosophy, physiology, physics)
- the ability to read a musical score and play a musical instrument
- foundations of music theory, ethnomusicology and music history
- desirable: active participation at a relevant international conference
- good command of German and English
- working knowledge of computer software for empirical music research
- ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively
Deadline for applications: 2 September 2009
Reference Number (Kennzahl): 23/172/99 ex 2008/09
Please send your application in German or English including cover letter (1 page), curriculum vitae, photo, relevant certificates, documentation of required abilities, research plan (1 page), and the telephone numbers and email addresses of two possible referees, before the deadline and quoting the reference number, to:
or by Email to: bewerbung@xxxxxxxxxxx
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Richard Parncutt (Email: richard.parncutt@xxxxxxxxxxx).