PhD position in Southampton

Applications are invited for a Ph.D. position to work on localization
of transient acoustic signals in echoic environments. We aim to
investigate our ability to localize sounds in difficult environments,
e.g. built-up areas. The main methods are computer models and
psychophysical experiments involving normals.
The research is conducted in the Institute of Sound and Vibration
Research in the University of Southampton and the PhD program is for
3.5 years. The salary is £13,290 in the first year and goes up to
£14,260 in the fourth. Successful applicants can start immediately.
The research is funded by the EPSRC in partnership with DSTL.

Individuals with a background in a related field (such as physics,
engineering, audiology, neuroscience, psychology).
If interested please contact me at bleeck@xxxxxxxxxxx with a copy of
your CV, the names of three references, and a one-page personal
statement.

---
Dr. Stefan Bleeck
Senior Lecturer
Institute of Sound and Vibration Research
University of Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Room 4093, Tizard building (13)
Tel.: 02380 596682
email: bleeck@xxxxxxxxxxx