To: <AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:16 AM
Subject: Re: AUDITORY Digest - 4 Oct 2009 to 5 Oct 2009 (#2009-228)

Dear List,

What do you people think about this?

It seems to me that if Tinnitus were typically generated in the cochlea (there is lots of evidence for this), then there would be a place in the brain that would hear this, just like any other sound coming into the cochlea, since its wired to the brain.

Then some people come along and see the signal in the brain, and conclude, that tinnitus is generated in the brain.

Is there more to the logic than this? I hope so.

Jont

AUDITORY automatic digest system wrote:

Topics of the day:

  2. Technique can pinpoint tinnitus