Fwd: [MUSIC-IR] Win an iPod in the OMRAS2 Vamp/VamPy Contest

Apologies for double posting

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matthias Mauch <matthias.mauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 October 2009 17:15:17 BST
Subject: [MUSIC-IR] Win an iPod in the OMRAS2 Vamp/VamPy Contest

Dear all,

We are proud to announce the first OMRAS2 Vamp/VamPy Plugin Contest, aimed at Music IR researchers around the world. We develop the free and open software Sonic Visualiser (http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/) and other Vamp hosts that give Vamp plugins immediate world-wide exposure. Our Vamp hosts run on Windows, Mac and Linux -- out of the box.

We believe that the Vamp interface can help MIR researchers exchange their algorithms and use their results, e.g. for visualisation in Sonic Visualiser or Audacity, or automate the extraction with the batch processing Vamp host Sonic Annotator. That's why we want to encourage you to add to the growing set of available Vamp plugins (http://www.vamp-plugins.org/download.html).

That's also why, additional to all the benefits of having your own Vamp/VamPy plugin, you can now win an iPod!

For more information on why it's the thing to do, and how to do it, visit

Or, if you come to the ISMIR conference in Kobe, why not chat about it with me or one of the other OMRAS2 people!

Matthias, on behalf of your OMRAS2 Team at the Centre for Digital Music,
Queen Mary, University of London

Matthias Mauch
Research Student

Centre for Digital Music,