shareware: VFR

Hello,
 We have posted the beta version of our Variable Frame Rate (VFR)
algorithm on our webpage:

http://www.ee.ucla.edu/~spapl/shareware.htm

 VFR, as a front-end processing technique, improves noise robustness of
ASR algorithms and can be used with other noise-robust front ends. It builds
on speech perception research that shows that not all equi-duration speech
segments are equally important perceptually. For example, formant
transitions at the onset of a vowel can carry more discriminative
information than the steady-state part of the vowel.

 If you do use the code, please reference:

H. You, Q. Zhu and A. Alwan, 2004, Entropy-based variable frame rate
analysis of speech signals and its application to ASR, ICASSP, pp.549-552.

Regards,
Abeer Alwan