Re: Unknown biological sound

Dear list members,

Just let me explain a little more in detail:
Dr.Lennox was right: the clicks were probably due to mic handling, moreover I filtered and amplified the sound because it was really soft.
The sound I want you to pay attention to is the set of very close pulses.
All of the recorded sounds have the same structure: they last few seconds (3/4) and they occur "randomly" -one every 10/15 minutes- from 2 to 6 a.m. The aim of the acoustic survey was to monitor another fish species, Sciaena umbra, which made choruses during night in the reproductive period (july and august). This misterious sound started right after Sciena umbra ended the chorus. I add an image with spectrogram and waveform In the same area there are other soniferous fish species: maybe this is a new one - or a common one with unknown acoustic stimuli :)

if it is a machine I am curious to know which one produces a sound like this: in the survey we must distinguish between biological and human sources of noise

thank you very much
Linda

  Quoting "Bruno L. Giordano" <bruno.giordano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have to agree with Peter: I would be very surprised if this was a
biological sound.

It sounds too regular and sustained to me, although the 21st century
man might have developed a mistaken identification bias to survive in a
modern jungle of living agents and evil machines, where seahorses (and
woodpeckers) are rare and harmless ;-)

	Bruno

Jazz wrote:
Sounds like a Sea-horse, But lots of Fish make similar soundsthere are more to listen to on the websight below
http://www.dosits.org/gallery/fishnbay/15.htm
Jazz

http://www.dosits.org/gallery/fishnbay/15.htm