Job for audio engineer at Meridian

I am passing on a message from Meridian Audio.  If you are interested, please reply to them, not to me.  Brian Moore.

R&D Engineer ? Research and DSP

Meridian designs, engineers and manufactures state-of-the-art audio and video home entertainment systems. Meridian also invented Meridian Lossless Packing and Dolby TrueHD.

We currently have a vacancy for an R&D Engineer to work on research, advanced design projects and product implementation for high-end audio products. You will report to the Director of Research and be based in Meridian?s R&D office in Huntingdon.
We are looking for a person with
·         a good degree in Engineering (e.g. Electronics, Acoustics, Systems, Control, Communications), Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Psychoacoustics
·         experience which demonstrates their ability to work productively on a project over an extended period of time. Relevant experience could include
o        above average final year BEng or BSc project
o        good MEng or MSc project
o        PhD
·         experience writing code in one or more of MATLAB, C, C++, DSP assembler.

The ideal candidate will be
·            highly motivated
·            creative and innovative
·            able to absorb, analyse, collate, summarise, interpret and apply a large amount of information from multiple sources
·            a good communicator able to clearly explain and document technologies and algorithms.

Full job description is available upon request from the HR Manager. ukjobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . If you are interested in the above vacancy and wish to be considered, please send your CV and covering letter to the HR Manager.

Dated:   8 January 2010

Brian C. J. Moore, Ph.D, FMedSci, FRS,
Professor of Auditory Perception,
Department of Experimental Psychology,