Re: CD player

On 27 Jan 2010 at 7:49, Monita Chatterjee wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> We have a need for a CD player to play audio files (6
> kHz BW) for an OAE experiment. Is there a particular
> kind of player I should look for? how would a $40 home
> CD player, for instance, compare with fancy stuff you
> can get for hundreds of $$? Stimuli will be steady-state
> and modulated, simple noise and more complex..

Cheap players may have more mains hum, in my experience,
but it's hard to make a general rule based on selling
price.

If you are controlling the experiment with a computer, you
may find it a lot simpler to generate stimuli with the
sound card.  You can use my Daqarta for Windows software
(free for signal generation uses) to generate signals in
real-time. It can produce a broad range of waveforms
(inlcuding arbitrary ones you define) and modulation types,
and you can create extremely complex signals by using
signals as modulators for other signals.

Let me know if you want advice about applying Daqarta to
your particular needs.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

            D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
           www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator
    Science with your sound card!