Re: mechanical cochlear model

Many thanks, Dick, for your thoughtful posting.

Maybe one should be slightly less friendly. I fear that some contributions
to this list have caused quite many knowledgeable colleagues to stop posting
or even reading.

Today I have received an off-line message from such a colleague:

"Reinhart-
Good reply. *** and *** and a few others really pick out a few
points and ignore the overwhelming evidence for the traveling wave.
They are so convinced that I suspect that they will not be persuaded
by your discussion either. They are similar to the politically
conservative people here in this country."

I answered to him:

"Many thanks, dear *** !
Yes -- if someone has had and published an opinion for many years or
even decades, it is hard for him or her to acknowledge defeat. [...]"

Personnally, I plan to not yet give up. Nevertheless, I hope
that I am not one of the stubborn persons just described.

Reinhart.