Re: Auditory wheel

Hello Michael and list,
thank you Malcolm for your relevant comments on Hiroko's inspired work.
I'd just like to point out that my latest results on sound morphing don't seem to confirm that cepstral coefficients are the best representation of a 'linear'  perceptual space for sound morphing with respect to the spectral shape (as measured by perceptual spectral shape descriptors, further details on http://recherche.ircam.fr/anasyn/caetano/icmc2010.html. Click on the title to read the article).
This work is part of my PhD thesis being developed at Ircam and these results are fresh from the oven. The article is yet to appear on the proceedings of this year's ICMC, but I'm already looking forward to discussing them with anyone who might be interested.
Regards,
Marcelo Caetano