Re: mp3 and the perceptual coding

Hi Massimo,
For more specific questions on mp3 (and other lossles (and lossy) audio formats) I recommend hydrogenaudio.org forums:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showforum=55

Cheers!

Danijel Domazet
CEO
LittleEndian.com

On 25.3.2010 13:09, Massimo Grassi wrote:
Dear list members,

I would like to convince to my students that psychophysics can (seldom)
be useful. For this reason, I want to talk about mp3 and perceptual coding.

Is there a book/chapter/paper that you would particularly recommend
about it? There are many things out there, but so far I didn't like much
any of them. In particular, the characteristics of the perceptual coding
are always roughly described.

Any suggestion is more than welcome.
Thank you in advance,

ps for those in the northern hemisphere: enjoy the spring!