ITU worst case for 5.1

Most of the home theater 5.1 systems I have seen in friends' houses have had the speakers placed wherever there happens to be a space for them. By the definition I would take it that there is one "best" position, and several hundred bad and worst case positions. In many situations I've seen, a 1.4 meter sweet spot is unusually large.

Kevin