Unwanted line breaks; evanescent waves.

Dear colleagues,

Today I have two questions:

1) When my postings come back to me from Montréal,
they contain unwanted
line breaks, i.e., very short lines,
and sometimes even unwanted empty lines.
My son exceptionally could not tell me
what to do
about that. Can you?

2) Today I googled "evanescent waves" (EW). Wiki correctly
says that EWs are standing
waves. The kind of EW involved
in reducing the frequency of the tone made by a wine glass
(or a basilar membrane)
when it is put under water, however,
is not specially mentioned in Wiki. That EW is similar
to a travelling surface
wave (TW). In EWs the liquid particles
trajectories). The
liquid sound pressure obeys the Laplace
equation. The EW under discussion occurs also in strictly
incompressible
liquids. Are there published papers on it ?
(I already know the 1979 Stanford Univ. PhD thesis
of Larry Taber.)

Reinhart.

Reinhart Frosch,
Dr. phil. nat.,