Call for Panels
CMMR 2010 invites proposals for panels. Panels should focus on emerging musical technologies, controversial issues, or unsolved problems in the Computer Music Modeling and Retrieval Community to stimulate lively, thoughtful, and sometimes provocative discussions. We expect the panelists to actively engage the audience and help them broaden their understanding of the issues. They should be provocative, informative, and entertaining.
CMMR2010 provides a leading international forum to bring together researchers, companies, educators, composers, performers, and others with an interest in important aspects of computer music, music technologies and music-based entertainment. Proposals for panels are requested from anyone in the computer music community: researchers, academic institutions, research labs, industry, composers, performers, etc.
Panel submissions are encouraged in all areas related to computer music. In particular, we encourage panel submissions on:
· Music games and applications for embedded systems
· Virtual reality, augmented reality and human-computer interaction
· Digital music libraries
· New methods for music representation and visualization
· Retrieval and recommendation tools
· Games and interactive learning
· Music production and composition tools
· Cooperative music networks
· Analysis, recognition, comparison, classification, and modelling of sound and music
· Music and sound data mining
· Sound synthesis
· Optical music recognition
· Semantic music technologies
· Sound source separation
· Music structure analysis
· Music transcription
· Artificial intelligence and cognitive science for sound and music
Please, submit a 4-page or less panel proposal in the format specified on the CMMR 2010 website, following the instructions detailed at www.cmmr2010.etsit.uma.es. Proposal should include:
· Panel title & Summary of the topics to be covered.
· Name, affiliation and contact information of panel chair.
· Names and affiliation of the panelists (in addition to the panel chair).
· Brief biography of each participant.
The panelists should be registered at CMMR2010 in order to present a panel.The extended deadline for the submission is May 17th 2010. The panel proposal acceptance announcement will be May 19th 2010.