Re: echo in the freq. domain

Biggest headache in doing this kind of convolution in the frequency domain: Consider the N+M-1 overlap!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception [mailto:AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Stowell
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:02 PM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AUDITORY] echo in the freq. domain

Hi -

You can do an echo (delay) effect in the frequency domain using
convolution, exactly the same as you would for reverb - you would just
use a different impulse response (a sparser one, typically, in the time
domain).

However, the sparsity means that you can typically implement it
efficiently enough in the time domain, so there's not much point doing
it frequency-domain. Why do you want to do it?

Best
Dan

--
Dan Stowell
Centre for Digital Music

Notice:
This message and any included attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee, and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy the original message and any copies or printouts hereof.