Re: Training software

Hi, Srikanta. There are probably more qualified people on this list that can answer your question, but I'm of the understanding that the software for auditory training tasks are specifically for children with hearing or processing difficulties because these tasks have been shown to improve comprehension for these populations. This wouldn't keep it from being applied to normal hearing children, it's just that auditory training for normal hearing children is relatively uncharted territory. (But maybe someone else here knows otherwise).

I know for instance that a fellow graduate student in a lab I've worked in was studying the effect of simple perceptual learning tasks (not speech) across three age groups of children as part of her dissertation. Not having read up on the related literature I can't be sure, but I assume this means that any study looking at training specifically for normal hearing children would be relatively novel. So it would be surprising to me if there was commercial software designed specifically for that population.