Book announcement: Psychology of music

Dear list,

I am pleased to announce the arrival of a new book on the psychology of music, available for course adoption (or general interest to list members):

Title: Psychology of Music: From Sound to Significance
Authors: Siu-Lan Tan, Peter Pfordresher,  & Rom Harre'
Publisher: Routledge and Psychology Press

This is an introductory level book that will be of interest to students, researchers, and the general public. The three co-authors, who represent a broad range of interests and backgrounds, contributed to every chapter in the book and thus it represents a broad sampling of the field. Along with standard coverage of cognition, perception and neuroscience, the reader will find chapters on social psychology, cross-cultural studies, music education, and music theory. Though an overview, we provide many details of important individual studies as well which will be of interest to more advanced readers.

Copies can be requested from the publisher's website:
http://www.psypress.com/psychology-of-music-9781841698687
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781841698687/

And the book is also available at amazon:
http://amazon.com/Psychology-Music-Significance-Siu-Lan-Tan/dp/1841698687/

Peter Q. Pfordresher, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Cognitive Area Head
Department of Psychology
University at Buffalo, SUNY, Buffalo, NY 14260

Office:   355 Park Hall  (Tel: 716.645.0234)
Lab:      336-338 Park Hall  (Tel: 716.645.0225)
Fax:      716.645.3801
http://psychology.buffalo.edu/directory/faculty/people/pfordresher/