F0 estimation software

Hi all -

We have a graduate student here who is currently investigating the role of
motor cognition in singing.  Specifically, she is recording professional
singers and non-singers singing familiar tunes in their preferred key
during masked and unmasked conditions.  That is, for some trials the
participants can hear themselves singing and for others they cannot.

The purpose of this post is to ask for your help and advice regarding
software we might potentially use (matlab or other) to automate the
process of estimating the fundamental frequency (also known as pitch
detection or F0 estimation) of periodic segments contained in the recorded
waveforms.  If there are known advantages and disadvantages to various
options, please feel free to include that information as well.

Thannks in advance for any and all assistance and guidance on this topic!

With kind regards,

Jeremy
--
Jeremy Federman, PhD-ABD, CCC-A