Re: sources of unfamiliar music?

Dear Jesscia,

maybe you'll find something on www.jamendo.org - that music comes with cc-licenses, so downloading is free and possible: You can search the website for genres, and I don't think the average "western" listener will know titels, albums, or artists. Also statistics are provided, so you can make sure a certain song/album/artist is not that popular.

If you use the latest version of amarok, you can search jamendo from within the audio player.

All the best,
Wolfgang