Re: Loud music

Dear Linda,

you make interesting points, and I respect your opinion.

However, I don't agree with your statement that since the 60's rock has evolved along a single path towards simplicity. Contemporary "rock" is the product of a diaspora that has given us a large number of genres, only part of which are as structurally primitive as you describe.

Concerning mainstream music, I doubt that the Beach Boys were way more sophisticated than, say, Lady Gaga: if listening habits have the strong psychological impact you describe, today we have as many opportunities for becoming alienated and intellectually dull as we had 50 years ago (and fortunately more opportunities for choosing not to).

Best,

	Bruno