Re: Standardized Vowel-Consonant-Vowel Stimuli

Hi, I was informed of a recent post to this list looking for
Vowel-Consonant-Vowel stimuli.

Lori Holt and I have developed a set of resynthesized natural VCV
tokens with consonants ranging from /b/-/d/-/g/, in four vowel
contexts: /a/, /ae/, /i/, /u/ (i.e., individual stimuli sound like
/aba/, /igi/, /udu/, etc.)

We have used this set of stimuli in audiovisual speech perception
studies, among other things (Ex. Stephens, J.D.W., & Holt, L.L.
(2010). Learning to use an artificial visual cue in speech
identification. JASA 128(4), 2138).

The stimuli and some documentation are available here:
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~lholt/php/StephensHoltStimuli.php

and here:

http://www.u.arizona.edu/~alotto/ACNS/StimuLibrary.htm

An article describing these stimuli is currently under consideration
at a journal and will hopefully appear some time in 2011.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me: jdstephe@xxxxxxxx

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
Beau Stephens