[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CfP - 7th SMC Summer School
[Apologies for cross-postings]
7th Sound and Music Computing Summer School
"Embodied Sound and Music"
02-06 July 2011, Padova, Italy
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova
Conservatorio Cesare Pollini, Padova
The goal of the SMC Summer School is to give an opportunity to young
researchers interested in the field to learn about some of the core
interdisciplinary topics of SMC, and to share their own experiences with
other young researchers.
This year the focus is on the embodied links between sound, music, and
movement. Lectures and hands-on projects will explore this theme from
several viewpoints, including novel sound synthesis techniques, multimodal
interaction, music cognition, movement analysis and characterization.
* 8 hours of lectures by Leon van Noorden (University of Ghent, Belgium) on
Music and Movement
* 8 hours of lectures by Federico Fontana (University of Udine, Italy) on
Interactive SMC: The Challenges of Continuous Interaction
* 12 hours of hands-on projects focused on the two themes of the Summer
* 2 hours of oral presentations by the participating students
Lectures are designed to be of interest to any PhD student or
in the field of Sound and Music Computing.
Teachers and tutors
* Leon van Noorden (University of Ghent, Belgium)
* Bart Moens (University of Ghent, Belgium)
* Denis Amelynck (University of Ghent, Belgium)
* Frank Desmet (University of Ghent, Belgium)
* Federico Fontana (University of Udine, Italy)
* Maurizio Goina (Conservatorio Tartini Trieste, Italy)
* Stefano Papetti (University of Verona, Italy)
Application and registration
Applications (deadline: Friday 1 April 2011) must include the following
documents in pdf format:
* Curriculum vitae (max. 1 page);
* Proof of university enrolment;
* Short description of the student research interest and motivation to
participate (max. 2 pages).
Selected students (notification of acceptances: Monday 18 April 2011)
will be able to register through the SMC2011 conference registration page.
Federico Avanzini, PhD
Sound and Music Computing Group
Dep. of Information Engineering
University of Padova
Via Ognissanti 72
I-35129 Padova - ITALY
Tel: +39 049 827 7856
Fax: +39 049 827 7826