Date:    Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:41:39 -0700
From:    "Maher, Rob" <rmaher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: High-frequency hearing in humans

Although the DSP portion of an oversampled system has precisely defined
performance characteristics, I remain highly skeptical that the
transducers and analog electronics available to most users have ever
been evaluated in any meaningful way outside the 20-22kHz bandwidth.  I
encourage everyone to be cautious about drawing cause and effect
conclusions for anecdotal reports.  It may well be that your colleague
is hearing something, but the "how" and "what" is not likely to be
revealed by introspection alone.

Rob