3rd International Symposium on Ambisonics and Spherical Acoustics
June 2-3, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Please note that the deadline for the submission of extended abstracts has been extended to March 9, 2011.
Please find the original call for papers with the updated dates below.
We would like to announce the 3rd International Symposium on Ambisonics and Spherical Acoustics, which will be organized by the Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments at the University of Kentucky. The Symposium will be held to provide an intensive exchange between industrial and academic researchers working in various research areas on spherical acoustics.
The field of spatial sound reproduction is interdisciplinary by nature and closely related to a number of computer science and engineering areas such as acoustics, mathematics, signal processing, and perception. The symposium focuses on discussing the various problems and solutions concerning the capture, analysis, and re-synthesis of sound fields applying spherical acoustics; for example higher-order Ambisonics (HOA), and spherical microphone arrays.
The symposium is going to be divided into oral presentations (keynotes and submissions), poster sessions, and will also feature demos and artistic performances. This symposium will benefit from a hemi-spherical loudspeaker array that will be installed in the Digital Amphitheater of the newly inaugurated Davis Marksbury Building.
Original contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
* General considerations on spherical acoustics theory
* Ambisonic for sound scene reproduction and virtual acoustic environments
* Spherical microphone array systems and signal processing
* Capture and analysis of radiation patterns
* Spherical acoustic holography
* Synthesis of directional and focused sound sources
* Spherical loudspeaker array systems and signal processing
* Theoretical considerations on comparative subjective and objective studies
* Standardization, exchange, implementation and hardware issues
Submissions will be judged based on extended abstracts (1000 words). Procedures to submit papers, posters, and demo sessions are detailed at the symposium website http://www.vis.uky.edu/ambisonics2011/. Final papers must be camera-ready conforming to the format specified on the submission website.
* Extended abstract (1000 words) submission due: March 9, 2011
* Papers, Notification of acceptance: March 28, 2011
* Camera-ready copy (full paper): April 30, 2011
* Registration opens: April 30, 2011
* Submission of Audio Material for Testing: May 13, 2011
* Symposium Dates: June 2-3, 2011
If you have any questions, please contact office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jens Hannemann (VisCenter)
Kevin Donohue (VisCenter)
Erika Olsen (VisCenter)