Singing repositories available & bit depth/sample rate advices

Dear list members,

I have two linked questions to ask you:

1) I am looking for existing singing repositories (a cappella solo voice) publicly available on the Internet. Could you please point me to the ones you know? So far, I haven't been able to find any (with Google - I am probably using wrong keywords).

2) If any of you worked on such a repository, what bit depth and sample rate did you use for the audio recordings?

In fact, in the framework of the AIRS project (Advancing Interdisciplinary Research in Singing: http://www.airsplace.ca/about ), I am working on the creation of a "best practices" guide for voice recording. One of the main points is, of course, the trade-off between storage space and sound quality and we would like to be sure the recordings are of a high enough quality, in order to properly analyze the data (mostly pitch detection, formants tracking, rhythm, note duration etc). A choice of 48 kHz / 24 bits seems to be a good compromise. Does any of you have comments or advices regarding this choice?

Feel free to contact me offlist if you prefer.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Avant d'imprimer ce mail, réfléchissons à l'impact sur l'environnement.