Spatial acuity in the ascending auditory system

Spatial sensitivity, in neural responses, has been shown to improve in non-primary auditory cortical areas when compared to primary auditory cortex.  I was wondering if anybody knew if there are similar increases in spatial sensitivity when comparing different auditory nuclei in the ascending auditory system?  I am particularly interested in changes in ILD sensitivity.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Sollini

Ph.D. Student

MRC Institute of Hearing Research, UK

and the School of Biomedical Sciences