From: Gemma Rachael Hutchinson <gemma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, July 13, 2011 10:59:43 AM
Subject: Headphone sound pressure level?

Dear all,

We have a set of Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones with a "sound pressure level"
of 102 dB "as per IEC 268-7". Since it also states a sound pressure level of
113dB/1V rms, we are unsure exactly what the maximum output level of these
headphones actually is. The impedance is 64ohm. Would anyone know how to
calculate this, or does anyone have access to the full international standard
for headphones (e.g., IEC 60268-7), a preview of which can be found at the link
below?

http://webstore.iec.ch/preview/info_iec60268-7%7Bed3.0%7Den.pdf

Thanks, Gemma