Respiratory Sounds database

Dear list,

For a Ph.D. project by one of my students working on analysis-based synthesis of lung sounds, we are looking for databases of respiratory sounds. Here are several examples which I was able to find:

* Marburg Respiratory Sounds (MARS) database which was reported in a conference paper in 2003 (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=1279717).

* R.A.L.E repository (http://www.rale.ca/).

* European project CORSA which I believe worked toward standardising the recording process of respiratory sounds. (http://www.ers-education.org/media/2000/pdf/44057.pdf)

Unfortunately, except for R.A.L.E., these databases are not (commercially or otherwise) available, and I doubt R.A.L.E. is as comprehensive as we would like it to be.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of such studies and (preferably public domain) databases.

Dr Huseyin Hacihabiboglu
TUBITAK Research Fellow and Lecturer
Department of Modeling and Simulation, Informatics Institute, METU, 06531, Ankara, Turkey
tel: +90 312 2107889 | e-mail: huseyin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | web: http://www.hacihabiboglu.org | VoIP: husshho (skype)