RECs Digital Recording Devices

Dear Listserv members;

Thank you to all who responded so promptly to my inquiry about a digital recording device. Here is a summary of the responses I have received to date. Please see below in order in which I received the recommendations.

Mary Andrianopoulos
Dear Mary,
We have acouple of Edirol R-09HR units. They are very reliable and I can only recommend them.
Best regards,
Søren Laugesen
Research Centre Eriksholm, Oticon
Kongevejen 243
3070 SnekkerstenDenmark

For field recordings with my dummy head I normally use Zoom H4n.
Hope this helps.

Davide Andrea Mauro
Dottorando XXIV Ciclo
Laboratorio di Informatica Musicale (LIM)
Dipartimento di Informatica e Comunicazione (DICo)
Università degli Studi di Milano
20135 Milano - Italy
RME makes very clean tools

Also look at SoundDevices

Both of these might be overkill for the quality you're looking for.
They cost a lot (too much?), but clean sound does. It just depends on
what you call "good enough" for the project.

Dr. Richard Nance
notable for low noise mic preamps.
Around $600

Kevin Austin

Hands down, the best machine I have ever tried.

Heriberto Avelino
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6
04103 Leipzig