RECs Digital Recording Devices

Dear Listserv members;

Thank you to all who responded so promptly to my inquiry about a digital recording device. Here is a summary of the responses I have received to date. Please see below in order in which I received the recommendations.

Mary Andrianopoulos
UMass-Amherst
____________________
Dear Mary,

We have acouple of Edirol R-09HR units. They are very reliable and I can only recommend them.

Best regards,

Søren
 ==================================
Søren Laugesen
Research Centre Eriksholm, Oticon
Kongevejen 243
3070 SnekkerstenDenmark
____________________________________

For field recordings with my dummy head I normally use Zoom H4n.
Hope this helps.

Bests,
Davide Andrea Mauro
Dottorando XXIV Ciclo
Laboratorio di Informatica Musicale (LIM)
Dipartimento di Informatica e Comunicazione (DICo)
Università degli Studi di Milano
20135 Milano - Italy
_______________________
www.rme-audio.de
RME makes very clean tools

Also look at SoundDevices
http://www.sounddevices.com/

Both of these might be overkill for the quality you're looking for.
They cost a lot (too much?), but clean sound does. It just depends on
what you call "good enough" for the project.

Dr. Richard Nance
www.PlasticMusic.Net
_____________________________________
SONY PCM-D50
96kHz/24bit
notable for low noise mic preamps.
Around $600

Kevin Austin

Hands down, the best machine I have ever tried.

http://www.sounddevices.com
Heriberto Avelino
Department of Linguistics
Deutscher Platz 6