auditory saliency classes (natural and environmental sounds)

Dear List members
I am working to build an audio corpus for my PhD research and  I am seeking
studies on auditory saliency classes of natural and environmental sounds.
In other words, some hyerachical organization of sounds in terms of their
saliency besides the macro dichotomy alarm-sounds  vs. all-the-rest...
Looking forward to your suggestions,
best wishes
- Francesco

--
Francesco Tordini      â skype francesco.tordini
PhD Student             â http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/sre/personnel/

Centre for Intelligent Machines and
McGill University
3480 University Street, Room 426
Montreal, QC, H3A 0E9, Canada  | T: (514) 398 8201