Job opening at Oticon Denmark: Development Engineer, advanced audiological concepts

Dear List

We have an interesting job opening:

See also here on job site, including application form.

Best

Lars Bramsløw

Development Engineer:
Advanced Audiological Concepts

Lokation: Smørum, Denmark (Copenhagen Area)

Development Engineer: Advanced Audiological Concepts

Would you like the opportunity to influence and shape the development of future generation hearing aids?

Do you have a strong research background and are you looking for a chance to see your ideas and concepts transformed into the world’s leading hearing solutions, making a real difference for hearing impaired people worldwide?

Do you possess the drive and skills to identify and run complex audiological concepts from idea to implementation? Then we may have an exciting career opportunity for you at Oticon’s department of Audiology & Algorithms.

You make innovation happen

You will be a key player in a team responsible for the continuous innovation and driving of new audiological concepts from initial idea to successful implementation. We expect you to combine your knowledge of a scientific approach with the task of concept development in our busy environment of commercially oriented projects. Furthermore, we trust you to help Oticon remain in a leading position in audiology keeping in touch with and participating in cutting edge research in the field – and dispensing this knowledge throughout the company.

Besides the tasks mentioned above, you can look forward to joining the Oticon audiology and algorithm competence forum of numerous skilled and motivated experts.

Your background

Working in the breeding ground between basic audiological research and audiologically motivated signal processing is demanding and thus we expect you to have a PhD degree in the area of audiology / psycho acoustics / acoustical signal processing or a similar field.

Your theoretical background is supported by experience within several of these areas:

  • Psychoacoustics
  • Audiology
  • Signal processing
  • Hearing aid technology
  • Computational auditory models
  • Practical experience with hearing impairments and hearing aids.

It is a further plus if you also have experience within:

  • Acoustics.
  • Statistics and experimental design.

Your professional behavior can be characterized as independent, structured, and focused on results. You have the authority and people skills needed to drive projects with many stakeholders and gain energy from working together with fellow colleagues. You are good at communicating with all involved parties such as scientists, developers and clinicians. We expect you to speak and write English fluently and if you do not speak Danish we will support you in learning this.

We offer

You have the chance of becoming part of a company, which is serious about its investment in R&D. In addition, you will join a global leader within the field, and help shape the future generation hearing aids. Also, because of its strategic importance, the business unit enjoys a fair share of management focus and attention. Furthermore, if the opportunity to help millions of people world-wide improve the quality of their life should appeal to you, this job would probably be very rewarding.

We dare to make a difference

Together with your talented colleagues who take pride in making a difference, you will have the opportunity to put your mark on tomorrow's solutions. We are at the forefront of the latest technology, constantly working to improve hearing solutions so that our customers can add value for users and we can strengthen and develop the business. You will be working in a growing international company, where there is rich opportunity for professional and personal development. You will be part of a dynamic environment built on trust and openness, where you will find a strong will to win.

Want to join the team?

Then send your application today, as we are currently screening applications. Apply for the job via http://job.oticon.dk no later than April 23rd . If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Marianne Kleist Elmlund on the following e-mail: mlu@xxxxxxxxx Phone: +45 20704520

We look forward to hearing from you.

500 million people worldwide suffer from hearing loss. It is Oticon's ambition that our customers - hearing clinics throughout the world - prefer to use our products for people with impaired hearing. Oticon is among the three largest companies in the industry. In Denmark all of the 1,300 employees develop the most innovative hearing aids in the world with passion, dedication and professional expertise. Oticon is a growing company, and 97% of Group revenues are generated outside Denmark. We are part of William Demant Holding Group with more than 7,100 employees and revenues of nearly DKK 7 billion.