Re: hearing problem

Sorry... I hate Autocorrect

My original post should have read:
Whether you need to see an MD first depends on your insurance requirements.

Sent from my iPhone
HBJacobster, Au.D.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:22 PM, "Harriet Jacobster, AuD" <hjacobster@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, that should have read

Sent from my iPhone
HBJacobster, Au.D.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 7:16 PM, "Harriet Jacobster, AuD" <hjacobster@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Fred,
You most likely have presbycusis.  Only an audiologist is qualified to perform audiological tests.  Whether or not you need to see an MD first depends more on your I Sudan e requirements.  An audiologist is trained to know whether or not to refer you to an MD based I. Your results.

You start with the basic evaluation which should co diet of no less than puretones and speech both in quiet and in noise, tympanometry and reflexes.  OAEs may also be done depending on your results.

The type of hearing aid really depends on your loss and your personal needs, but the thin tube open fit BTEs are probably the top and most versatile.

Sent from my iPhone
HBJacobster, Au.D.
ASHA Certified Audiologist