Re: Headphones for Research Purposes (2)

On Wed, 9 May 2012 08:14:47 +0100, Lorenzo Picinali wrote:
I suggest also checking the following three headphones:

-AKG k240 - Semi-open circumaural. Get the 55 Ohm version, and not
the 600 Ohm one, which requires special amplifiers.

-Sony MDR 7509 or 7506 or 7505 - Close supra-aural.

-Beyerdynamic DT 880 - Semi-open cirmumaural.

I hope this helps

With more or less the same price tag I suggest also Sennheiser hd380pro or (if you are located in the US, or can have them from US, where the price is much lower than in europe) Grado SR125i.

Davide Andrea Mauro, Ph.D.
Postdoc at Laboratorio di Informatica Musicale (LIM)
Dipartimento di Informatica e Comunicazione (DICo)
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via Comelico 39/41
20135 Milano - Italy
Tel. +39 02 50316382