[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CogMIR Seminar Announcement
(Apologies for cross-posting)
August 27, 2012
Ryerson University, Toronto
CALL FOR PAPERS
The second seminar on cognitively based music informatics research will take place on August 27th, 2012 at Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. In addition to invited papers and keynote presentations by Michael Casey (Dartmouth College) and George Tzanetakis (University of Victoria), we are pleased to invite the submission of abstracts from students for spoken or poster presentations.
* Deadline for abstract submission: July 30, 2012
* Notification of acceptance: by August 3, 2012
* Deadline for early registration: August 8, 2012
* One-day Seminar: August 27, 2012, 10 am – 5 pm (followed by optional dinner)
Abstracts submissions concerning research on the following topics are especially welcome:
* Cognitively based approaches to music information retrieval
* Cognitively based approaches to music analysis
* Cognitively based approaches to music generation
* Computational modeling of music similarity
* Computational modeling of music emotion
* Music cognition with implications for music informatics
Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words. Please describe the motivation, methodology, results and conclusions of research within the abstract. Do not send abstracts as an attachment. Please type the abstract directly into the body of your email with a complete list of authors and their affiliations. All abstracts will be considered for spoken presentation unless a preference for poster presentation is indicated.
Abstract submissions should be emailed to: cogmir2012@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cogmir2012@xxxxxxxxxx>
You may contact the Seminar Organizers: Naresh Vempala (nvempala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Frank Russo (russo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) if you have any further questions.
More information about the seminar and registration, is available at http://www.cogmir.org/2012-seminar/
Frank A. Russo, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology
Toronto, M5B 2K3, Canada
Tel: 416-979-5000 ext. 2647