Re: differences heard between random high frequency sound and sinusoids

Thank you Willem and Axel for your answers,

Using signal of substential duration, the answer is clear, there is a
difference.
For shorter windows (let's say 1 second and shorter), it seems the
question is more difficult to answer.
I just thought also about the Fourier serie which actually provides a
set of stationary sinusoids which can represent perfecting a limited
band of noise in a short window.
The general case being to complex to handle here. I'll just go right
to the context of my question:

In speech processing, we often use deterministic + noise models.
The deterministic component find a motivation in the representation of
the periodic glottal pulses.
For the noise component, two motivations can exist:
1) The noise represents the aspiration noise (produced also at the
level of the glottis).
or/and
2) Whereas a clear harmonic grid usually appears for voiced sounds at
low frequencies, the high frequency content of a spectrogram is
blurred. Consequently, a noise component seems a convenient
representation of this part of the spectrum where sinusoids would be
difficult to track. And (here is the reason of my question), this
motivation is even stronger if we do not perceive differences between
noise and whatever could be the underlying signal (e.g. highly
frequency modulated harmonics).

Therefore, the class of sinusoids which is here considered is:
harmonic and non-stationary.
Any idea/reference for this precise context is welcome (Thanks Axel
and Willem for the references you already sent me !)

Bests,
Gilles