Melody Extraction vamp plug-in available online

*** apologies for any cross-postings ***

Dear list,

We are very pleased to announce the launch of the: MELODIA - Melody Extraction vamp plug-in.

The plug-in implements our melody extraction algorithm which obtained good results in last year's MIREX Audio Melody Extraction campaign. Full details of the algorithm are available in:

J. Salamon and E. Gómez, "Melody Extraction from Polyphonic Music Signals using Pitch Contour Characteristics", IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, 20(6):1759-1770, Aug. 2012.

The plug-in is available online for free download (non-commercial purposes) on: http://mtg.upf.edu/technologies/melodia
A slightly less formal description of the algorithm, including graphs and audio examples can be found on: http://www.justinsalamon.com/melody-extraction.html

In addition to benchmarking new algorithms against MELODIA, we hope it will serve the research community for research problems which could benefit from a predominant F0 estimator (e.g. query by humming, version identification, motif discovery and analysis, automatic transcription, source separation, etc.).

For those of you attending ISMIR 2012, I will be demo-ing the plug-in during the Demos and Late-breaking track.

We are very interested in receiving feedback from the research community, please let us know what you think!

Best regards and hope to see you next week in Porto!

Justin Salamon, Emilia Gómez and the Music Technology Group of Universitat Pompeu Fabra.

--
Justin Salamon
Music Technology Group (MTG),