Re: String sounds

Maybe you want to consider:

or :

On 13 November 2012 16:38, Dan Stowell <dan.stowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think RWC has the semitone coverage you're after:

On 12/11/12 20:02, Christian Kaernbach wrote:

For a consonance / dissonance study I plan to use string sounds from
which I could build up chords. I want to do the programming in Matlab. I
want to use string sounds (instead of piano) because they allow for
longer durations, and because they feature a nice and undistorted
spectrum of overtones (piano overtones are rather distorted). I need to
find a free database of violin etc. sounds of several seconds for all
pitches (best would be: all semitones). I would do the interpolating in
order to get intermediate pitches in Matlab. If sounds are longer than
needed I would fade them out as I need it.

Is there any freely available database of string sounds?

Thanks for your help,
Christian Kaernbach
Kiel University

Dan Stowell