[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Call for Contributions: AES 52nd International Conference on Sound Field Control
Apologies for cross-posting.
Audio Engineering Society
Call for Contributions
AES 52nd International Conference:
Sound Field Control, Engineering And Perception
Guildford, Uk September 2–4, 2013
Sound field control enables the active management of audio delivered in an acoustical environment. Sophisticated signal processing and reproduction tools increasingly enable the engineer to tailor the sound field for specific applications, occupancy, or listeners' requirements. This can include the creation of independent sound zones in listening spaces, the active control of noise, personal communication systems, the electroacoustic manipulation of auditorium acoustics, and the generation of complex spatial sound fields using multi-channel audio systems. Application areas include automotive audio, consumer entertainment systems, mobile devices, aircraft interiors, concert halls, museums, and other public venues. All this raises questions such as how sound fields can be controlled without detriment to sound quality, what the perceptual effects of different methods of control might be, and how to optimize systems for a specific quality of experience.
This conference aims to bring together engineers and perceptual scientists from around the world to share their research in the field, and to discuss the numerous interactions between acoustics, signal processing, psychoacoustics and auditory cognition in this fast-moving field.
* Sound field control theory
* Sound field sampling for control purposes
* Signal processing for sound field control
* Active and adaptive sound control
* Transducers, array design, beam-forming Sound field control applications, e.g: telecommunications, personal devices, automotive, consumer and hi-fi audio, PA systems, virtual reality and game audio, museums and installations, auditorium acoustics, aircraft interiors, hearing impaired.
* Spatial sound field control and multichannel audio
* Psychoacoustics, e.g: speech intelligibility with interfering noise/speech, cocktail party effects, masking
* Perceptual models
* Sound quality evaluation
Further submission information can be found in the online call for contributions:
Deadline for paper proposals: 2013 January 31
Deadline for proposals for tutorials and workshops: 2013 March 1
Accepted authors notified by: 2013 March 29
Deadline for final manuscripts: 2013 May 13