Re: Real-time spectrogram for Mac

Dear Rowan,

this has been posted on the web audio mailing list a while ago. I use it for teaching and find it very nice. If the future is bright for audio support on the web, such things may be truly cross platform in a few years...

Best,

Mathieu

Hi All,

I'm very happy to announce early support for live audio input with the Web Audio API in Chrome Canary (Mac-only for now, but Windows coming).

To try it out:

1) Launch Chrome Canary:

2) As a one-time configuration, go to "about:flags" (in the address bar) and enable "Web Audio Input" -- then click on "Relaunch Now" button at the bottom

3) Try a very simple and basic demo:

4) You'll be asked for permission to use your "microphone" (could be any live audio source) -- click on "Allow"
(please note that the actual input source in the "Options" menu will *currently* be ignored and your default audio input device will always be used)