Post-doctoral position at the University of Salamanca

Dear List,

I am pleased to announce the following post-doctoral position in my group. Please advertise widely.

Best wishes,

- Enrique

Post-doctoral position
Auditory Computation and Psychoacoustics Unit
Neuroscience Institute of Castilla y León
University of Salamanca (Spain)

My group offers a two-year post-doctoral position to work on a research project aimed at designing and validating non-invasive procedures for differentiating inner from outer hair cell dysfunction in humans. The position is funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. Salary conforms to national standards. This new project is complementary to an ongoing research collaboration with a major hearing aid manufacturer.

The candidate should have a Ph.D. in hearing science, audiology, or a related discipline, with demonstrated experience in human auditory brainstem recordings. Knowledge of psychoacoustics, otoacoustic emissions, signal processing, and Matlab will be advantageous. The job involves conducting hearing tests in local subjects and so knowledge of Spanish language will be advantageous. The post is immediately available but a start date before August 2013 is negotiable.

We offer an outstanding post-doctoral training environment. The town of Salamanca (Spain) (http://www.salamanca.es/en) fosters two universities. The University of Salamanca (http://www.usal.es) is nearly 800 years old and is the world leader for Spanish language courses, fostering students from all nationalities. The Neuroscience Institute of Castilla y León (http://www‐incyl.usal.es) is internationally renowned, particularly for its contributions in auditory neuroscience. It offers international teaching programs in Neuroscience, Audiology, and Communication Disorders. My group´s research (http://audiolab.usal.es) focuses on the neurophysiological bases of human auditory perception. Our expertise and interest covers psychoacoustics, computer modeling, hearing aids and cochlear implants. We foster international collaborations with distinguished scientists, institutions and companies.

Applicants should send a full CV together with a letter of interest and the names and contact details of three references to Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda (ealopezpoveda@xxxxxxx). Informal enquiries can be made by e-mail to Enrique at the same address or by phone at +34923244500 ext. 1957. Applications received before April 15th will be given full consideration but applications submitted beyond this deadline may also be considered until the post is filled.

--
Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda, Ph.D.
Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y León