[AUDITORY] Postdoctoral position: Cochlear Implant Research in Cambridge

Dear List -Â

Bob is having trouble posting to the list, so please see below the position announcement I am forwarding on his behalf.

 DAn.

From: Bob CarlyonÂ<Bob.Carlyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 10 July 2013 11:24
To: 'AUDITORY - Research in Auditory Perception'
Subject: Postdoctoral position: Cochlear Implant Research in Cambridge

Dear all,

Please see the following ad for an opportunity to do some cochlear implant research in our lab. Iâm happy to answer any informal queries

Bob

Investigator Scientist

Cambridge

The MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit (CBSU) is an internationally renowned research institute with state-of-the-art facilities.

A postdoctoral position is available to work with Dr. Bob Carlyon on a project entitled âUsing measures of neural survival to improve hearing by cochlear implant usersâ. This position is for a fixed term of 2 years 9 months Âand is funded by a grant from the charity Action on Hearing Loss. The research will be carried out in collaboration with colleagues at Addenbrookeâs hospital, Cambridge. It combines an investigation into fundamental processes of hearing by cochlear implant users with the opportunity to directly apply the knowledge gained to improve patient outcome. You will have, or be in the final stages of, a Ph.D. in a relevant auditory discipline, experience in the field of cochlear implants, and good numerical skills.

The starting salary will be in the range of Â26,282 - Â29,885 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience. This is supported by a flexible pay and reward policy, and optional MRC final salary Pension Scheme. We offer 30 days annual leave entitlement.

Applications are handled by the RCUK Shared Services Centre; to apply please visit our job board at http://www.topcareer.jobs/ and complete an online application form. Applicants who would like to receive this advert in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on 01793 867003, Please quote reference number IRC102193

Closing date: 25th August 2013

This position is subject to pre-employment screening

The Medical Research Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer

Dr. Bob Carlyon

Programme Leader

MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit

15 Chaucer Rd.

Cambridge CB2 7EF

England

Tel: +44 (0)1223 355294

Fax: +44 (0)1223 355294

www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk

MRC Centenary 1913-2013 | 100 years of life-changing discoveries