[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[AUDITORY] Call for SMPC 2015 conference hosts
(With apologies for cross-posting...please distribute)
The Society for Music Perception and Cognition (SMPC) plans to host its
next biennial conference in 2015. We are seeking a host for the SMPC
2015 conference and would appreciate proposals from subscribers to the
auditory list with interests in music perception and cognition. Hosting
such a conference is a great contribution to the field and benefits our
entire organization and our international community of scholars.
If you (and your colleagues) are interested in the possibility of
hosting the 2015 SMPC conference, please submit answers to the 9
questions below to Peter Pfordresher, SMPC Secretary: pqp@xxxxxxxxxxx
The deadline for submissions is October 1, 2013.
The SMPC Executive Board
- Andrea R. Halpern, president
- J. Devin McAuley, treasurer
- Peter Q. Pfordresher, secretary
SMPC 2015 conference proposal questions:
1. Where is the proposed conference site? Will there be an institutional
host (university or other academic institution)?
2. Who will serve as the conference organizer and as active members of
the core conference organization committee?
3. What dates do you propose for the conference? (it should fall between
mid-July and mid-August, lasting 4 or 5 days)
4. What is the closest readily accessible airport to the conference
site? What is the distance from the airport to the conference site and
what transportation options are available (please include cost)?
5. Please describe the conference site facilities. How many concurrent
streams of presentations do you envision? Will there be fees associated
with the use of these facilities?
6. Is catering readily available for an opening reception, snacks during
the conference, and a conference banquet? If there is an institutional
host, are there limits concerning which caterers are allowed to service
events at the conference site?
7. What accommodation possibilities are there in close proximity to the
conference site? What is the anticipated cost per night for these
accommodations (single/double)? Will there be a low-cost dorm-style
option? (past conferences have revealed this to be very important to our
attendees) [NOTE: payment for accommodations must be arranged so that
individual attendees are responsible for claiming a room from a reserved
block prior to a stated deadline; SMPC cannot assume responsibility for
providing a deposit or being economically responsible for attendee
8. What level of financial support is available from your institution
and/or grants from external agencies?
9. Please prepare an estimated conference budget based on your responses
to the items above; also, determine a reasonable registration fee
(student and non-student) with the goal of having income and expenses
balanced. [Note: base this estimate on attendance figures between
150-200 delegates, 30-50% of whom will be students.]