Dear Research community!
Dolby Laboratories’ group in Beijing continues to expand. It would be great if you could circulate the job specs below
to potentially interested people. We look for fresh grads as well as experienced staff.
Staff Research Engineer/Senior Research Engineer
(Audio/speech algorithm architecture and design)
Dolby Sound Technology Research, Beijing
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, including insatiably curious engineers and scientists for our advanced technology group. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
This position is in the Research Organization of Dolby Laboratories (www.dolby.com) and is located in Beijing, China. The Staff/Senior staff research engineer position focuses on the creation of audio signal processing technologies including the whole range of research from the underlying theoretical concepts to the development of prototypes that provide a proof of concept. As a part of an international team, the senior staff research engineer will work on ideas exploring new horizons in the audio processing, analysis, replay and organization. The researcher is responsible for performing fundamental new research, transfer technology to product groups, and draft patent applications. The position includes project leaderships for projects being part of Dolby’s global technology initiatives. This requires efficient interactions which different functional divisions within the company. The Staff Research Engineer position also requires the mentoring for more junior staff.
We are looking for a self-motivated, highly talented individual interested in applying his or her skills in technologies involving a fundamental understanding of the way that sound sources (audio and voice) are captured, manipulated, coded, delivered, enhanced and played back using digital signal processing techniques. Applications include pre-processing, coding and post-processing solutions in market areas such as consumer electronics, mobile, broadcast, PC and digital cinema applications and other technologies crucial to Dolby Laboratories’ success. The position involves working in cooperation with other technology developers/researchers within Dolby’s global research network, and the opportunity to propose new ideas for further investigation.
· Demonstrated ability to create fundamentally new, novel (patentable) signal processing technologies and to envision applications those technologies in the form of innovative product solutions
· Strong innovator
· Proficient in advanced theory and application of audio signal processing techniques
· Highly skilled in C/C++ language and Matlab programming
· Team-oriented work ethic and interest to work in cross-continental teams
· Strong personal interest sound technologies and in learning, researching, and creating relevant new technologies with high commercial impact
· Independent, self-motivated worker requiring minimal supervision
· Fluent in Chinese and English. Excellent communication skills
· Good understanding of general acoustics
· Experience working in a software development team, including software version control tools
· Real-time windows programming
· Real-time audio processing
· Willing to do occasional international travel
· Personal interest in audio in entertainment applications
Please send your English and Chinese resume to cb@xxxxxxxxx
------------- List reminder: ------------- 0. ISMIR 2013 will take place in in Curitiba (Brazil), 4-8 November 2013. The web site of the conference is at http://ismir2013.ismir.net/ismir2013/ 1. Please do not send HTML documents to the list 2. Please do not send attachments (pictures, Word, etc.) to the list 3. Please do not send commercial ads to the list 4. Reuse of email addresses found on the list for unsolicited mail is forbidden 5. To unsubscribe, mail to "listserv@xxxxxxxx" the following text: unsub music-ir or login to http://listes.ircam.fr/ 6. For assistance, mail to "music-ir-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". 7. The archives of the list are at http://listes.ircam.fr/ 8. The collective web sites of the ISMIR conferences and all past proceedings are at http://www.ismir.net/