Re: [AUDITORY] Question about criterion in 2AFC designs.

“For measuring response bias [in the 2AFC task], the methods [for the YN task] are entirely adequate. No sqrt(2) adjustment is necessary, because (as the reader may not be surprised to learn) bias in one task cannot be predicted from bias in the other.”

Macmillan and Creelman, Detection Theory: A User’s Guide, 2nd Edition, p. 170.

Frederick (Erick) Gallun, PhD
Research Investigator, NCRAR

Associate Professor, Dept. of Otolaryngology, Oregon Health & Science University

National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research
Portland VA Medical Center

3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Road (NCRAR)
Portland, Oregon 97239
Tel:
  503-220-8262 x57472

Fax: 503-721-1402

http://www.ncrar.research.va.gov/AboutUs/Staff/Gallun.asp

This document is intended for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above.  It may contain sensitive information that is protected, privileged, or confidential, and should not be disseminated, distributed, or copied to persons not authorized to receive such information.  Unless otherwise noted, this communication represents the views of the sender and not necessarily those of the VA or NCRAR.  If you are not the intended recipient or feel you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original.