Re: [AUDITORY] National Hearing Test

While I see this test as a potentially good idea I am also aware of the extreme
variability of telephone services in the U.S. depending upon whether one is
using a cell, treditional land line, broad band telephone, internet phone, etc.
This alone would seem to invalidate the test results especially when telephones
with different receiver attributes are added to the mix.

I would be interested in at least looking at this test but I believe that you
might get further with making people aware of it if those of us who are
professionals in audiology could actually take the test and perhaps use it on
selected clients to gain our own opinions of the test.  Of course, this would
likely need to be for no charge but in a case like this we professionals are
probably going to want/need more than just journal references.

I wish you the best of luck with this.  It is potentially an excellent idea but
the U.S. telephone structure is going to make this pretty difficult.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html