Re: [AUDITORY] National Hearing Test

Dear Pierre,
We agree that if we want hearing professionals to endorse or otherwise support the National Hearing Test that we ought to let them try it without the normal fee. [The fee is required if the test is to remain nonprofit and independent of any commercial ties.] We have done that in the initial launch region (greater Indianapolis metro area) by sending Access Codes to all area audiologists and otolaryngologists.  Exactly how to do that on a national scale was not clear.  We are juggling a modest NIH grant budget for this launch, and there is are charges to us for every call that is made.  So we were hesitant to attempt to send free Access Codes to all the members of ASHA, AAA, and ASA.

How is this for an alternative?   Email us at
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  and put the words "Hearing Professional" in the subject line.  In the body give your professional affiliation (Hearing Clinic, Research Center, Academic Dept, etc.).  We will respond with an Access Code and the toll-free number so that you can then call and take the test without charge.  We hope people will appreciate our request to limit this use to calls needed to familiarize
themselves with the test.

Thanks, Pierre

Chuck